Wednesday, July 6

TU - The 'Temple' of Education?

Another entry from FN Mail

by ArchAngel

The world famous Thapar University often regarded as the ‘Temple of Education’ is facing yet another controversy. It seems that after the Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, the SC has set its eyes on TU vaults.

The SC order had recently asked for a probe and audit of the vaults in the Kerala temple which exposed the temple’s vast riches, of over 100,000 Crores, suggesting it to be the richest Temple in the world. Now, however the SC aims to find a temple even richer. Yes, my friends! It is none other than our own TU, the quintessential temple of Education.

When confronted, Ms. Shiela retorted, “Well, I am sure the SC would not be so naïve and nescient in giving such directions; and even if they have done that, I must say TU has an absolutely clear conscience. Everything we do is completely accounted for. Therefore, we have nothing to worry.”

I stood there puzzled mulling over the words I had just heard. Somehow they weren’t making much sense to me. I saw her shifting her weight (probably planning a getaway) and hastily tried another approach towards my information gathering.

“Ma’am I have here a few accusations from some members of a certain group that goes by the name of FBA. They need their answers!” I said trying to retain her attention.

“FBA?? What is it? Some new party or something? I thought after JUP and TUCHEs they might give it a break! What is this some Punjab University or something?!”

I braced myself and continued with my questionnaire, “ In the short span of 55 years TU has made so much money that the other colleges have termed us the Chanakya of money laundering. What do you have to say in defense?”

“Absolutely baseless! Chanakya was a great administrator. Whereas we as a part of the academic body here are fed up of the administration of this college.” She stated plainly.

“Er….. That wasn’t my point!”

“Then when are you going to make one? Next Saturday?!”

“Well….er…. what about the tons of money from the development fees and then the extra- cofferfilling with the transportation fees, the parking fees, the medical fees, and a lot many other fees. This year the college went a step further by hiking the hostel fees so much that the room rent in hostel J could give the finest hotels in Patiala a run for their money. Any comments?!”

She laughed a little and said , “Well, that can be easily answered! And my answer is ‘No comments!’ So if I have answered all these questions of yours please excuse me I have better jobs to do.”

Having said that she went away on those high heels of hers with a head held high and even in the face of a probe by the SC, queries and complaints of students received the same treatment that they have been receiving since times immemorial.

Deaf Ears!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION!!

    Looks like the Google-Facebook war has reached unprecedented levels. If the 'Like' button does not function properly, plz opt for the latest 'in thing'.

    That's right!! (+1)

    ReplyDelete